Brownsberg trip in Suriname
The Brownsberg Nature Reserve covers 6000 hectare of unspoiled land. In one day you will become acquainted with the major share of the flora and fauna the Suriname rainforest has to offer. A hike through the forest and down the hills will lead you to the most idyllic waterfalls.
- Tropical rainforest with a high biodiversity
- Adventurous jungle trails (good physical condition is required)
- Idyllic waterfalls
- Stunning panoramic views of the Brokopondo Lake
- Savanna experience
- Animal spotting (350 different types of bird, 8 different types of monkeys etc)
What makes this tour special
- Only day tour to the pristine Jungle
- Beautiful flora and Fauna
- Fare price
- Excellent blend of Nature and adventurous action
- No malaria
- Guarantied departure starting from 2 persons
- High physical intensity
We leave Paramaribo for a drive to the beautiful Brownsberg Nature Park. Visitors of this protected nature park will enjoy fabulous views of the nearby Brokopondo Lake and surrounding tropical rainforest. Main attractions of the park are the numerous nature trails to the refreshing streams and small waterfalls interspersed throughout the mountain and the encounters with the spectacular flora and fauna of the area. After the hike to the waterfalls, lunch can be consumed (at own expence) in the local restaurant. Finally we return to Paramaribo.
* the departure time depends on the pick-up address and therefore varies from place to place. Departure time shown are from Krasnapolsky Hotel (in the City Center) Please check your voucher or invoice for the exact departure time and departure location. A difference of 15 minutes is considered normal.
- Hat or cap
- Good walking shoes
- Extra batteries for camera
- Long pants and long sleeve
- Dry clothes
- Mosquito Milk
- Pocket change SRD
- Waterproof bag to protect electronics and values
Most tour operators (like Orange Travel) list their rates in Euro.
The most advantageous way to pay is cash or by bank* in Euro.
Followed by cash in SRD or U$D, then POS in SRD * and finally a credit card payment **.
* If there are any additional bank charges, these should be paid by the customer. If it turns out that not the full agreed amount is credited to our account, the difference should still be paid before participating or checking in.
** When using POS (our machine only excepts SRD) we will use the daily exchange rate of the cambio’s. As these sometimes differ significantly from the rate your- and our bank uses, you can come out worse between 10% and 30% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
*** All credit card payments are processed in U$D and a banks fee is added.
The fee for Visa and MasterCard 5%
(in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
ING Bank Nederland
Euro Account number: 6005013
Attention: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Republic Bank Suriname N.V.
SRD Account number: 2400000197313228
EURO Account number: 2400000197313481
U$D Account number: 2400000197313309
In name of: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Bank of America
Account number 2290 3930 8017
Beneficiary Bank ID number 026009593 (for transfer of monies into your account from within the U.S.)
3048 SW 141 ST AVE
Miramar FL 33027-3950
Pay by credit card: