Commewijne River Cruise
The Commewijne River cruise is a historical boat trip on the Commewijne River with the main attraction being a visit to Plantation Frederiks Dorp to admire the most beautiful restored plantation houses. We also visit Fort Nieuw Amsterdam, an open air museum and other plantations. On the way back there is an opportunity for dolphin spotting.
- A boat trip on the Suriname- and Commewijne River
- Dolphin spotting
- A visit to beautifully restored plantation “Frederiks Dorp”
- A visit to a Fort Nieuw Amsterdam, an open air museum.
- A visit to plantation “Rust en Werk”
What makes this tour special
- Rare opportunity to visit the site where Suriname’s origin lays
- Excellent blend of history and culture (Javanese)
- Suitable for children
- Low physical intensity
From Paramaribo a boat takes you to the New Amsterdam Bastion. This is an open sky museum where you get to walk along sights worth seeing, such as the old prison, bomb shelter and gunpowder storage. Next is a stop at Frederiks Dorp plantation, this is the most beautiful renovated plantation in Suriname. A hot meal is served in a colonial setting. After lunch there is a guided tour on this plantation which used to be a coffee plantation. Next on the program is a walk to another plantation Rust en Werk, from where the boat starts its journey back to Paramaribo. Halfway the boat stops for Dolphin spotting.
* Please check your voucher or invoice for the exact departure time and departure location. A difference of 15 minutes is considered normal.
- Hat or cap
- Good walking shoes
- Extra batteries for camera
- Raincoat / poncho
- Pocket change SRD
- Waterproof bag to protect electronics and values
Most tour operators (like Orange Travel) list their rates in Euro.
The most advantageous way to pay is cash or by bank* in Euro.
Followed by cash in SRD or U$D, then POS in SRD * and finally a credit card payment **.
* If there are any additional bank charges, these should be paid by the customer. If it turns out that not the full agreed amount is credited to our account, the difference should still be paid before participating or checking in.
** When using POS (our machine only excepts SRD) we will use the daily exchange rate of the cambio’s. As these sometimes differ significantly from the rate your- and our bank uses, you can come out worse between 10% and 30% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
*** All credit card payments are processed in U$D and a banks fee is added.
The fee for Visa and MasterCard 5%
(in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
ING Bank Nederland
Euro Account number: 6005013
Attention: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Republic Bank Suriname N.V.
In name of: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Bank of America
Account number 2290 3930 8017
Beneficiary Bank ID number 026009593 (for transfer of monies into your account from within the U.S.)
3048 SW 141 ST AVE
Miramar FL 33027-3950
Pay by credit card: