District tour Bigi Pan
District tour Bigi Pan
Visit and experience 4 of 6 coastal districts of Suriname. Going west from Paramaribo, we visit the capital of Saramacca, Coronie and Nickerie. Each district is characterized by still retaining its authentic culture and economic activity. The highlight of this tour is a visit to nature reserve Bigi Pan where you will be amazed by the unique flora and fauna.
- Visiting all the passing districts (each with its own character)
- Impressive cruise on Bigi Pan
- Visit to the most Temple in Nickerie
What makes this tour special
- Acquaintance with different cultures
- History of all immigrants
- Unique swamp area with its flora and fauna
- Excellent blend of history, nature and culture (Javanese, Maroon, Creole and Hindi)
- No malaria
Depart from Paramaribo in a bus to visit Groningen, in 1845 a settlement of Dutch farmers, now functioning as the chief town of the District of Saramacca. Further down the road a visit to Boskamp, a fishermen’s port; further more Coronie, the “coconut district” where the original architecture of the slave houses has been maintained.
Later in the afternoon we pass the imposing ricefields of Henarpolder and arrive in Nickerie where we visit, Zeedijk and a Hindu temple. At night we go for dinner in a restaurant to close the evening
After breakfast go by boat (Dugout canoe) to the nature reserve Bigi Pan. This is a huge morass/swamp with rich flora & fauna and is a genuine paradise for bird lovers. After this boat trip we start our journey back to Paramaribo.
- Hat or cap
- Good walking shoes
- Long pants and long sleeve shirt
- Extra batteries for camera
- Raincoat / poncho
- Mosquito Milk
- Fishing tools
- Pocket change SRD
Most tour operators (like Orange Travel) list their rates in Euro.
The most advantageous way to pay is cash or by bank* in Euro.
Followed by cash in SRD or U$D, then POS in SRD * and finally a credit card payment **.
* If there are any additional bank charges, these should be paid by the customer. If it turns out that not the full agreed amount is credited to our account, the difference should still be paid before participating or checking in.
** When using POS (our machine only excepts SRD) we will use the daily exchange rate of the cambio’s. As these sometimes differ significantly from the rate your- and our bank uses, you can come out worse between 10% and 30% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
*** All credit card payments are processed in U$D and a banks fee is added.
The fee for Visa and MasterCard 5%
(in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
ING Bank Nederland
Euro Account number: 6005013
Attention: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Republic Bank Suriname N.V.
SRD Account number: 2400000197313228
EURO Account number: 2400000197313481
U$D Account number: 2400000197313309
In name of: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Bank of America
Account number 2290 3930 8017
Beneficiary Bank ID number 026009593 (for transfer of monies into your account from within the U.S.)
3048 SW 141 ST AVE
Miramar FL 33027-3950
Pay by credit card: