Brokopondo lake fishtour
The Brokopondo lake (officially named Prof. Dr. Ir. W.J. van Blommensteinmeer) arose when a hydro electric dam was built in the Suriname river and now has the size of 135 thousand hectares, approximately as big as the province of Utrecht in the Netherlands. Each year tournaments are organised on the lake for both professional and amateur anglers. The lake is full of big beautiful Peacock bass and the agressive Piranha. Experience the thrill to search and catch these coveted fishes.
- Professional fishing boat
- Boat trip on the Brokopond lake
- Searching and catching the Peacock bass and the Piranha
What makes this tour special
- Professional fishing boat
- Experienced guide
- Professional fishing gear
- Good combination between nature and action
- Small groups
Our guide picks you up in Paramaribo and brings you by car towards the Afobakka dam. The professional sportfishing boat is equiped with: a 90 HP outboard motor, an electrical trolling motor, a fishfinder, a GPS and a bimini top.
On the way to the Dam you will drive over the Martin Luther King “highway” and you will pass our former bauxite rafinery Paranam, and different resorts.
The dead tree trunks rising out above the water and the wide open view make this lake an impressing site. After an adventurous hour of boating through the tree trunks you will reach a group of islands where the fishing will start. The boat is equipped with a troling motor so you can silently maneuver and try to catch some Peacock bass using lures. You can also choose to fish for Piranha from one of the Islands. After lunch (around 13.pm) we will start returning towards the boat ramp and you will reach Paramaribo around 17.00 p.m.
Please take into account that the tour takes place outdoors in a natural environment.
* the departure time depends on the pick-up address and therefore varies from place to place. A difference of 15 minutes is considered normal.
- Hat or cap
- Good walking shoes
- Extra batteries for camera
- Raincoat / poncho
- Mosquito Milk
- Pocket change SRD
For your convienence we accept many forms of payment
- Cash: Euros, US$ and Srd
- Debit/Pin card: through POS machine
- Credit Card: Visa and Mastercard
- Bank transfer/wire
- All our prices are listed in euros, therfore Euros are prefered method of payment.
- US$ & Srd are also accepted as payment and will be based on the daily international exchange rate with the Euro.
- For all credit card payments there will be a 5% surcharge added to the total.
ING Bank Nederland
Euro Rekeningnummer: 6005013
Ten name van: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Republic Bank Suriname N.V.
In name of: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Bank of America
Account number 2290 3930 8017
Beneficiary Bank ID number 026009593 (for transfer of monies into your account from within the U.S.)
3048 SW 141 ST AVE
Miramar FL 33027-3950
Betalen met credit card: