Cultural Markets Suriname
A fascinated journey through the different Cultural markets, all with their own highlights and culinary treats.
- Visit to a bird singing contest
- Visit to a Chinese Market
- Visit to a flea Market
- Visit to a Javanese Market
- Visit to a orchids market
- Visit to the Zoo
What makes this tour special
- Intense Cultural experience
- Excellent way of seeing & meeting ordinary Surinamese people
- Low physical intensity
You will be fascinated by the authenticity and diversity of the different Cultural markets.
Some highlights that make this tour unique are: a visit to the Chinese Market were we meet the most famous Chinese stall holder to taste Suriname’s finest Dim Sum. The Javanese Market ( Saoena Market) were we search for the best tasting Berkat (sacrificial meal). The orchids market, to admire ornamentals and genuine Surinamese orchids. And last but not least the Paramaribo Zoo.
* the departure time depends on the pick-up address and therefore varies from place to place. Departure time shown are from Krasnapolsky Hotel (in the City Center) Please check your voucher or invoice for the exact departure time and departure location. A difference of 15 minutes is considered normal. When travelling by air, you will depart and arrive from airfield Zorg en Hoop (domestic airfield)
- Hat or cap
- Good walking shoes
- Extra batteries for camera
- Raincoat / poncho
- Pocket change SRD
Most tour operators (like Orange Travel) list their rates in Euro.
The most advantageous way to pay is cash or by bank* in Euro.
Followed by cash in SRD or U$D, then POS in SRD * and finally a credit card payment **.
* If there are any additional bank charges, these should be paid by the customer. If it turns out that not the full agreed amount is credited to our account, the difference should still be paid before participating or checking in.
** When using POS (our machine only excepts SRD) we will use the daily exchange rate of the cambio’s. As these sometimes differ significantly from the rate your- and our bank uses, you can come out worse between 10% and 30% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
*** All credit card payments are processed in U$D and a bank fee is added. The fee for Visa and MasterCard is 5% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence). This payment method requires you to show your passport.
ING Bank Nederland
Euro Account number: 6005013
Attention: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Republic Bank Suriname N.V.
In name of: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Bank of America
Account number 2290 3930 8017
Beneficiary Bank ID number 026009593 (for transfer of monies into your account from within the U.S.)
3048 SW 141 ST AVE
Miramar FL 33027-3950
Pay by credit card: