Paramaribo Bus Tour
Paramaribo (the capital of Suriname), featuring numerous wooden buildings of unique architecture and a variety of hospitable ethnic groups, living together in harmony. First our guide will take you on a bus ride along the most prominent historic locations in the city center and then he will take you to visit other hot spots in different suburbs.
- A visit to an UNESCO World Heritage site
- A visit to the cathedral, the largest wooden building in South America
- A visit to a unique sight: a synagogue next to a mosque
- A visit to Fort Zeelandia (Surinamese museum)*
- A visit to the Independence Square
*includes is guided tour, if the museum is open
What makes this tour special
- Low physical intensity
- Suriname’s history in perspective
- Excellent blend of history and culture
- Suitable for children
- Flexible departure time
- Guarantied departure from 2 persons
Our guide takes you by bus, past the most important monumental buildings and streets such as Presidential Palace, the museum Fort Zeelandia and the Corner House. You will be amazed by the unique architecture. You will also pass by a synagogue that is located right next to the mosque, a unique sight especially in modern times.
This bus ride will continue to southern Paramaribo, along the central market, the Kwakoe statue, the living area Abra Broki, home to the average working class.
Then we head north where the upper-middle class lives and we will pass the residence of one of Suriname’s wealthiest men.
The program is subject to change.
- Hat or cap
- Closed shoes (slippers or flip flops are not allowed for visiting the Petrus & Paulus Basilica)
- Pants & T-shirt (shorts / skirts and sleeveless shirts are not allowed for visiting the Petrus & Paulus Bailica)
- Extra batteries for camera
- Raincoat / poncho
- Pocket change SRD
Most tour operators (like Orange Travel) list their rates in Euro.
The most advantageous way to pay is cash or by bank* in Euro.
Followed by cash in SRD or U$D, then POS in SRD * and finally a credit card payment **.
* If there are any additional bank charges, these should be paid by the customer. If it turns out that not the full agreed amount is credited to our account, the difference should still be paid before participating or checking in.
** When using POS (our machine only excepts SRD) we will use the daily exchange rate of the cambio’s. As these sometimes differ significantly from the rate your- and our bank uses, you can come out worse between 10% and 30% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
*** All credit card payments are processed in U$D and a bank fee is added. The fee for Visa and MasterCard is 5% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence). This payment method requires you to show your passport.
ING Bank Nederland
Euro Account number: 6005013
Attention: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Republic Bank Suriname N.V.
In name of: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Bank of America
Account number 2290 3930 8017
Beneficiary Bank ID number 026009593 (for transfer of monies into your account from within the U.S.)
3048 SW 141 ST AVE
Miramar FL 33027-3950
Pay by credit card: