Peperpot Bus Tour
Peperpot Bus Tour
Peperpot is a preserved Nature Park of +/- 1730 acres that previously was a leading coffee and cocoa plantation and is now famous for its high diversity of flora and fauna (especially the bird population).
• Tour through a tropical rain forest
• Visit to an old coffee factory
• Visit to a Javanese horticulturist
Only a 30-minute drive away from Paramaribo brings you to Peperpot Nature and History Park. Enjoy a ride through the tropical rain forest where butterflies, dragonflies, monkeys, sloths and reptiles are some of the many animals you may encounter. Halfway through the nature trail you may stroll along the irrigation canals to see coffee trees as well as the ‘kofimama’ (Erythrina glauca or shade providers). The trail leads to a historical plantation village where a tour is given of an old coffee factory.
Next is an encounter with a typical Javanese horticulturist at his home to learn all about the authentic way of using exotic fruits and herbs such as mangoes, markoesas (passion fruit), laos, ,cherries, sterappel (star apple), cassava (cassava or yuca),bananas,bacove (green bananas), katahar (jackfruit),lemongrass, pandang, pommecythere (golden apple),oranges , coconuts, bamboo, bitawiwiri (bitter greens), dagoeblad (water spinach), lompong. Afterwards we return to Paramaribo.
* the departure time depends on the pick-up address and therefore varies from place to place. Departure time shown are from Krasnapolsky Hotel (in the City Center) Please check your voucher or invoice for the exact departure time and departure location. A difference of 15 minutes is considered normal. When travelling by air, you will depart and arrive from airfield Zorg en Hoop (domestic airfield)
- Hat or cap
- Good walking shoes
- Extra batteries for camera
- Raincoat / poncho
- Pocket change SRD
Most tour operators (like Orange Travel) list their rates in Euro.
The most advantageous way to pay is cash or by bank* in Euro.
Followed by cash in SRD or U$D, then POS in SRD * and finally a credit card payment **.
* If there are any additional bank charges, these should be paid by the customer. If it turns out that not the full agreed amount is credited to our account, the difference should still be paid before participating or checking in.
** When using POS (our machine only excepts SRD) we will use the daily exchange rate of the cambio’s. As these sometimes differ significantly from the rate your- and our bank uses, you can come out worse between 10% and 30% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence).
*** All credit card payments are processed in U$D and a bank fee is added. The fee for Visa and MasterCard is 5% (in this Orange Travel has no benefit, yet influence). This payment method requires you to show your passport.
ING Bank Nederland
Euro Account number: 6005013
Attention: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Republic Bank Suriname N.V.
In name of: ORANGE TRAVEL NV
Bank of America
Account number 2290 3930 8017
Beneficiary Bank ID number 026009593 (for transfer of monies into your account from within the U.S.)
3048 SW 141 ST AVE
Miramar FL 33027-3950
Pay by credit card: